Dots in Triangles

Requests for new features, question how to do something etc...

Moderator: lpaatero

gwport

Dots in Triangles

Post by gwport »

GW 2.3.37, when exporting to ODG and then opening in OpenOfficeDraw and from there GDI pasting to OpenOfficeWriter, creates black dots in the corners of triangle labels (and presumably also square labels). This changes the appearance of these shapes compared to earlier GW versions. I prefer no dots (or dots so small that one cannot see them) because a) clear shapes look nicer and b) clear shapes are seen more clearly after printing and c) for consistency within the same book project.

Is there an option in GW to get rid of those triangle corner dots? Else I'd like to suggest to change back to the earlier, (seemingly) dot-free triangle (or square) appearance or to provide a choice in the Layout and Graphics preferences.
robert jasiek
gwport

Re: Dots in Triangles

Post by gwport »

It is the same in GW 2.3.41. It affects triangles and squares. Already in OpenOfficeDraw, the dots are visible, unfortunately.
robert jasiek
lpaatero
Go liiton hallitus

Post by lpaatero »

I am looking at this, this may take a while.
At least some openoffice versions seem to fail at handling used polyline primitive, so work-arounds may be needed.

- Lauri
gwport

Post by gwport »

Please tell me if you want me to test some OpenOffice parameters in the preferences! My currently used OpenOffice version is 3.2. Activating or deactivating anti-aliasing in the view does not have an effect on the markup dots (but on the grid lines as seen on the screen).
robert jasiek
lpaatero
Go liiton hallitus

Post by lpaatero »

OpenOffice seems to have problems with self-intersecting paths.

I will implement path simplification that removes these from all paths. I will implement this to PS, ODG, WMF and SVG exports.

- Lauri
gwport

Post by gwport »

Great, many thanks!
robert jasiek