Unable to export ASCII diagram

Requests for new features, question how to do something etc...

Moderator: lpaatero

cleinias

Unable to export ASCII diagram

Post by cleinias »

I am trying to use GoWrite2 to produce ASCII diagrams in Sensei Library style, but i don;t get any output.

I am on Linux and I have installed the latest version of GoWrite2 (3.0.17). I am running the openjdk version of java (version 10.0.2)

I start the program form the provided shortcut (gowrite2), set up print and export, then go to the export dialog and select the appropriate parameters (filenames, graphic formats, etc). When I click "Export," however, nothing happens. No file is produced, no error message is produced in the console, nothing. The export window closes and that's it.

Help would be appreciated.

Cheers
cleinias

Re: Unable to export ASCII diagram

Post by cleinias »

I forgot to mention: I do get the comment .html file, which indeed contains the ASCII diagram, although embedded in HTML and formatted with <br/> tags instead of newlines. But I was under the impression that it would be possible to get just the diagram on its own, in pure ASCII format, in a separate .txt file. Perhaps I misunderstood the export dialog.
lpaatero
Go liiton hallitus

Post by lpaatero »

Tested export in Java 8:
- Export comment settings
- Format: Ascii / Senseis library - wiki
- Export graphic settings
- Format: Ascii
-> Exporting creates a .txt file with name given in export dialog.

So problem is either in Java version, or there is some difference in settings. Or in environment...

If our are doing individual diagrams for senseis library, Copy Wizard (Edit menu) could be alternative.

regards
Lauri
lpaatero
Go liiton hallitus

Post by lpaatero »

Tested in linux / Java 10.0.2;
Seems to work fine.

Which OS are you using?